Re: [avrdude-dev] Good news: STK500v2 and JTAG ICE mkII code committed t

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Good news: STK500v2 and JTAG ICE mkII code committed to CVS
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 06:56:18 +0200

As Colin O'Flynn wrote:

> When you say "MKII Programming Code" does that mean programming with
> the JTAG interface, the DebugWire interface, or both?

I didn't try anything else but JTAG.

Is the dW interface also capable of flashing an entire ROM?  I don't
have the slightest clues about dW so far.  If it's possible to use
that, it's probably no big effort to extend the code for this.  As I
read it, the ICE's command interface for both would be the same, only
one value changes where you decide which mode the ICE is set into
after signing on.  This is now hardcoded to JTAG mode, but it's
probably easy enough to change that into a config file parameter.

I'm afraid I don't have a dW-capable chip around here by now though.