[avrdude-dev] avrdude and REALLY SLOW programming

From: Dennis Clark
Subject: [avrdude-dev] avrdude and REALLY SLOW programming
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 22:37:23 -0700

I've got the most recent non-BETA Avrdude and I've a
question for folks out there.  On occasion I'll download
a program that instead of taking 10 seconds to D/L, it
takes over 2 minutes.  Everything works fine, it just takes
an order of magnitude longer to D/L.

I'll have to quite AVRdude, unplug my AVR/ISP, restart everything
basically, and then it'll be normal again for a while.  Can anyone
shed some light on just what is happening and how I can avoid
causing this problem?

thanks,
DLC
--