[linuxiran] Open source Farsi word processor?

From: Hooman
Subject: [linuxiran] Open source Farsi word processor?
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:15:54 -0400

Hello everyone,
With all the great open source software out there, without a doubt for all
Iranian around the world the most important software is a good Farsi word
processor.
I don't know about the people in Iran but here in Canada beginners use Vazhe
Negar (the old version - even they know Vazhe Negar 98 sucks). Why? Because
they've got used to the iterface. Now in case you don't know this program
sucks in every possible way and doesn't support unicode.
I could used katibeh because the site doesn't work. So I don't know how that
performs.
But if there are no good word processors available for free then why aren't we
starting an open source project for a unicode farsi word processor that run
all both Linux and Windows (or even better Mac too)?
I think a open source word processor for Iranians will be as important as the
KDE or even the Linux kernel itself!
Hooman (www.hoomanb.com)