Re: [linuxiran] KDE on Mac OS X[was:Re: Open source Farsi word processor

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] KDE on Mac OS X[was:Re: Open source Farsi word processor?]
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 03:48:54 +0300

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 19:14, Aryan Ameri wrote:

> KOffice runs on GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Mac OS X, which is
> all that is important for many people ;-) KDE in general runs on any
> kind of *nix. So by many people's call, it is also protable and
> multi-platform.

Actually, today I found this screenshot at
http://ranger.befunk.com/screenshots/qtmac/ss_kwordpresenter.jpg

and I really think it is so great, and shows how capable and portable
KOffice has become. It shows KOffice and KWord running on Mac OS X,
with native Mac OS Aqua interface !!! Really cool !

KWord is showing a paragraph in 5 different languages, the last language
in the screenshot is Hebrew, which as you might now, is a Right to Left
language, and very similar to Farsi/Arabic in this regard.

If this screenshot doesn't show how poerfull KDE and Qt have become, I
don't know what would. This single screenshot, shows how advanced
KDE/Qt has become, regarding internationalization, portability,
integration with other toolkits (Carbon in this case) and useability.

I advice everyone to check these screenshot. (ATTN Arash Zeini which
believes integration in the Open Source world is impossible !! )

1) (The one mentioned above) running KWord and Kpresenter natively with
Mac OS X Aqua interface
http://ranger.befunk.com/screenshots/qtmac/ss_kwordpresenter.jpg

2) Running Konqueror natively on OS X both, in browser mode, and in
filemanager mode
 http://ranger.befunk.com/screenshots/qtmac/ss_konqueror.jpg

3) running Kontack (colection of KMail and Korgenizer etc) natively on
OS X
http://ranger.befunk.com/screenshots/qtmac/ss_kontact.jpg

Cheers
--
/* You can always count on Americans to do the
right thing; - after they've tried everything else.