Re: [Chicken-hackers] Build problems

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Build problems
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 03:55:03 -0500

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> (Why isn't /usr/local/lib in the default linker path? And why do some
> systems not put /usr/local/bin into the PATH? Why make using the system
> harder than it needs to be? Oh, well...)

Some distros reject the whole idea of /usr/local, basically.
They make no distinction between system packages in /bin or /usr/bin
and local packages in /usr/local/bin (and their lib analogues): it's
all just packages.

--
Well, I have news for our current leaders       John Cowan
and the leaders of tomorrow: the Bill of        address@hidden