Re: [Chicken-hackers] Build problems

From: Tony Sidaway
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Build problems
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:58:54 +0000

Okay, the odd way in which the problem presented itself was due to an
old copy of chicken I had installed under /usr and forgotten about
(duh!)  The CMake-built csi, chicken-setup and so on were picking up
the old library and complaining about a missing symbol.  On removing
the stale copy it becomes clear that the problem is a case of the
chicken shared libraries not being sought in /usr/local/lib when the
built and installed executables are loaded.  The executables now abort
complaining that they cannot find the libraries, unless
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to contain /usr/loca/lib

The chicken-2.5 tarball, which I guess is a product of an automake
build, builds executables that do find the libraries in /usr/local/lib
(is this a libtool thing?)

I guess this could be either a problem with Chicken's CMake
configuration or else a limitation of CMake.  On the other hand
perhaps it's just some cruftiness in my system.  I'll try building on
another system and see what happens.