denemo-devel

Re: Can not tweak objects in Debian's Version 2.5.0

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Can not tweak objects in Debian's Version 2.5.0
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 16:16:47 +0100

On Sat, 2021-10-23 at 17:02 +0300, Lib Lists wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 at 16:31, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 2021-10-23 at 15:07 +0300, Lib Lists wrote:
> > > On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 at 14:42, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.
> > > com>

> > > No, I meant the position number Denemo print view's link  vs. the
> > > position number that I got by opening the .ly file in the /tmp
> > > folder
> > > (opened with Frescobaldi).

> > > See attached the .ly file created as you asked and exported from
> > > Denemo.

> > > Yes, I get the same as you (see attached Denemo_4.png). The
> > > difference
> > > in position appeared when I opened the .ly file in Frescobaldi.
> >
> > I just opened your Lilypond_example.ly in Frescobaldi version 3.0.0
> > and
> > it gave 9 spaces before the note name. In the attached screenshot I
> > see
> > that Frescobaldi describes this as line: 19 col: 9 Pos:0
> > I don't know what it means by "Pos: 0" but it is the column number
> > that
> > is relevant - were you mislead by that?
>
> Hi, yes, I was mislead by the 'Pos: 0', which I think is related to
> the position within a bar (maybe?).
>

> > So, it would seem that the correct line/column target is being
> > detected
> > by the pdf handling library, so the next question would be "Is the
> > step
> > from LilyPond source back to Denemo Display working?". To answer
> > this
> > can you add another three C's to the score and the place the Denemo
> > cursor in the LilyPond view on line 19 on the last of the C's and
> > then
> > use the left-arrow on the keyboard to move back towards the first
> > of
> > the C's. As the text cursor in the LilyPond window moves over those
> > anchors the position of the Denemo cursor in the Display should
> > shift
> > to the respective note. Is this happening? If not is anything being
> > reported in the terminal?
>
> Yes, this works as you described: as I move the cursor in the
> LilyPond
> window, the Denemo cursor shifts to the right note. Nothing is
> reported in the terminal.

So we have narrowed the problem down to the stage where you right-click
on a notehead (hand cursor appearing). I missed something important
when I asked what happens when you click on a note-head in the Print
View. I should have said right-click, and also I should have asked what
happens when you left click on a note-head - whether the Denemo score
starts playing. In both right and left click cases the cursor should
move to the appropriate note and in the case of right-click there
should be some debug output on the terminal saying:

Looking at target Note on grob #fwith tag #f ok?

If that doesn't appear then executing this in the Scheme Window will
give a clue.

(d-InfoDialog (format #f "~s" (d-GetTargetInfo)))

At this stage you could press Fn9 to insert a rehearsal mark and then
right click in the Print View on the rehearsal mark that is typeset.
The Denemo Cursor should move to the rehearsal mark object in the
Denemo Display and re-executing that Scheme script should say that it
found the rehearsal mark.

Thank you for your help,

Richard
(Note to myself: the TargetInfo is being set up in the call to
        goto_lilypond_position (gint line, gint column)
in exportlilypond.c)