denemo-devel

Re: Can not tweak objects in Debian's Version 2.5.0

From: Robert Lewis
Subject: Re: Can not tweak objects in Debian's Version 2.5.0
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 20:56:16 -0300

On Saturday, October 23, 2021 6:15:48 P.M. ADT Richard Shann wrote:
> On Sat, 2021-10-23 at 20:14 +0300, Lib Lists wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 at 20:04, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Thanks to both of you for your replies
> > > I'm confident it is the same problem: and putting all your
> > > information
> > > together I think the answer will lie in the versions of Gtk in use.
> > > If
> > > you can run the command
> > >
> > > denemo --version
> > >
> > > in a terminal for each of your configurations it may shed some
> > > light.
> > > I'm afraid I haven't updated my Debian distro for a good while (I'm
> > > still on Stretch I think) so it is all too possible that libevince
> > > has
> > > altered its behavior.
> > >
> > > My output is as follows:
> > >
> > > rshann@debian:~/ denemo --version
> > > GNU Denemo version 2.5.3
> > > Gtk versions runtime: 3.22.11, compiled against: 3.22.11,
> >
> > This is the output I get:
> >
> > GNU Denemo version 2.5.3
> > Gtk versions runtime: 3.24.20, compiled against: 3.24.20,
>
> I've not had any luck trying to find documentation for libevince, but I
> have put in a print out of the link that Denemo is trying to follow as
> received from libevince when you right click on a note in the Print
> View. I've put this into the repository and bumped the development
> version to 2.5.4
> If either of you could by any chance rebuild from current master with
> this version, right click and read the response in the terminal that
> should show where the trouble lies.
>
> Richard

I'd like to help out, but I've never built software from a master before -- I
guess it's about time I learned how.  I know I needed the package "make" (and
installed that), but I'm not sure what other packages I might need.

I got the denemo-master.tar.gz from the repository and extracted it into a
temp folder.  From the README.md file I did:   $ ./autogen.sh
and got the following error:
     ~/temp/denemo-master$ ./autogen.sh
       ./autogen.sh: 2: aclocal: not found

The folder aclocal is in /usr/share/