denemo-devel

Re: Can not tweak objects in Debian's Version 2.5.0

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Can not tweak objects in Debian's Version 2.5.0
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 22:15:48 +0100

On Sat, 2021-10-23 at 20:14 +0300, Lib Lists wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 at 20:04, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com>
> wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > Thanks to both of you for your replies
> > I'm confident it is the same problem: and putting all your
> > information
> > together I think the answer will lie in the versions of Gtk in use.
> > If
> > you can run the command
> >
> > denemo --version
> >
> > in a terminal for each of your configurations it may shed some
> > light.
> > I'm afraid I haven't updated my Debian distro for a good while (I'm
> > still on Stretch I think) so it is all too possible that libevince
> > has
> > altered its behavior.
> >
> > My output is as follows:
> >
> > rshann@debian:~/ denemo --version
> > GNU Denemo version 2.5.3
> > Gtk versions runtime: 3.22.11, compiled against: 3.22.11,
>
> This is the output I get:
>
> GNU Denemo version 2.5.3
> Gtk versions runtime: 3.24.20, compiled against: 3.24.20,

I've not had any luck trying to find documentation for libevince, but I
have put in a print out of the link that Denemo is trying to follow as
received from libevince when you right click on a note in the Print
View. I've put this into the repository and bumped the development
version to 2.5.4
If either of you could by any chance rebuild from current master with
this version, right click and read the response in the terminal that
should show where the trouble lies.

Richard