Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 05:26:51 +0300

On 25/06/2023 03:10, Po Lu wrote:

Does f-droid have some private download stats? I couldn't find any,
but they could be useful. What numbers to expect or require, though, I
can't say.
F-Droid does not, but Sourceforge does.  I see around ~100 distinct
downloads each week, equalling around 14 users per day, from

   https://sourceforge.net/projects/android-ports-for-gnu-emacs/files/

Sounds good to me, if those are real users, and not some scraper bots, of course.

Do you think most are tinkerers who use android with a hardware keyboard (as was suggested in this thread today), with tablets, maybe?

I'm curious about having Emacs on the phone myself, but last time I tried it (with Termux), having to use the on-screen keyboard didn't exactly make it a comparable experience.