Re: Android port of Emacs

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Android port of Emacs
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 12:15:37 +0800

Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> writes:

> Sounds good to me, if those are real users, and not some scraper bots,
> of course.

I think not: the downloads are evenly distributed geographically, and
seem to concentrate on aarch64 builds.  If there were scrapers at all,
I'd expect the mips or mips64 builds to have downloads, but nobody
except me seems to have tried them at all.

> Do you think most are tinkerers who use android with a hardware
> keyboard (as was suggested in this thread today), with tablets, maybe?

I don't know.  My personal use is reading mail and editing code on a
mobile phone, while inside a crowded rail car, where no physical
keyboard can fit ;-)