Re: [Gnumed-devel] Where to start with gnumed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Where to start with gnumed
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:04:15 +0100

> Now that I've a gui again it's occurred to me that it is useless starting any
> clinical modules unless I (we, anyone) can connect to their demographic
> sources.
True. I am with you here.

We already have one functional "patient search widget" - the
dedicated notebook tab "patient selector". This does search
patients, it does find them and does display them for
selection. I also does send out the signal patient_changed
which is received by the listener that updates the window
title. So, the infrastructure is in place and does work.

I would suggest I take a look at Ian's top row patient search
line (which IMHO should be the standard day-to-day patient
search field) and make it work (it doesn't for me).

Let me ask this addressed to all:

I happen to agree with Richard that typing data into the
"day-to-day" patient search widget should bring up the patient
(list for selection) and change to the patient clinical
summary (not the demographics details is it is doing now).

I don't want to just go out and change what Ian has put in
without asking for opinions.

Richard:
With "clinical summary screen" you mean the standard patient
window manager screen I suppose ?