Re: [Gnumed-devel] Vision

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Vision
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 00:19:01 +0100

On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 08:53:01AM +1100, Richard wrote:

> As I've said time, time and time again, and as Daniel has pointed out to you,
> projects need management and planning.
No one - except for maybe Jim - has risen to the task of
doing any such. Certainly no one has prevented anyone else
from planning and management to their hearts content. In
fact, in several cases have people including me welcomed
offers of management skills. And again do I invite each and
every single interested person do sit down and DO what they
think it takes.

> Karsten, the tight control you seem to keep on the process has been the death
> knell for gnumed for a long long time.
That's very carefully worded. You don't say that I do. You
say that I "seem to" do. Now, do I or don't I ?

> Why would one bother, when the mega hours of time expended for so long (6
> years now) has not produced a program that can even  create a new patient
> properly nor import demographic databases from other sources,
Neither assertion is true.

1) the released version 0.1 CAN create a new patient "properly"

2) there are three ways for importing demographic data from
   outside GNUmed, two of them import existing "other sources",
   however, apparently there hasn't been a need for this since
   no one sat down on their behinds and did the grunt work

> when the vision of others is just left to rot by the wayside
Do you care how *I* personally think your recent house
extension should be done ? Do you care whether I like the
way you did it, the designs you chose for the floor tiles ?
No you don't care the most whimsical whit and rightfully so.