[Gnumed-devel] International Standards

From: Daniel Minahim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] International Standards
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 01:20:01 -0200

I've noticed some disagreement between .au and .de doctors, on how each had
different needs and etc...

Well, here is the opinion of a .br doctor:

1) Of course we've got to keep in mind the local requirements (eg. German EMR
file, maybe the brazilian XML DTD for health records). But those should be
peripheral projects.

2) Although an international standard for EMR isn't readily available, that's
not really an excuse! We can come up with one top level standard by comparing
whatever is common between the local EMR standards. We have a chance of
creating a 'de facto' standard or working with IMIA or WHO. The later should
be interested in standard that came from a international cooperation group.

Daniel