Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 17:07:00 -0700

On 6-Sep-08, at 4:37 PM, Jerzy Luszawski wrote:

The rationale would be different priority: when user finds a bug in production version, it should be fixed ASAP

I agree, it is just that most of the people who are finding / generating and emailing bugs "in production versions" are some combination of:

a) using outdated versions that have already been patched
b) generating errors from some misconfiguration on their part
c) using a production version, but are not using it in production

As soon as people upgrade to a high enough version of the client, it will be more possible for them to know the availability of update / patches, which will help. In fact, I even think that the client's bug handler should, on exit, call the update window, either unintelligently (whether or not there is an update) or intelligently (only if there is an update).

For bugs being reported by people who are actually using it in production, I almost think it is worth having a way to identify and funnel specially those bugs.