[Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 09:36:10 +0200

>>>>> "James" == James Busser <address@hidden> writes:

Hello James,

James> I agree that we want to encourage and assist behaviour that in
James> the long term will help everyone.

We should also adjust to the fact that, according to Karsten, GNUmed has
at the moment < 10 users.

James> I was not thinking as much that a bug would prompt an automatic
James> update, I was only thinking (too narrowly) that since most of our
James> bug reports come from outdated versions, it might be helpful to
James> make users realize when submitting yet another bug report will
James> not be useful and will not solve their problem. That was why I
James> was thinking to "point" them to the possible existence of
James> updates.

With such a low number of users, it is not even unthinkable to request
them to either register at LP in order to send back reports or have them
GPG-setup ready in order that the application can send gpg-signed
bug-report to bug tracker.

James> However you are right to remind of the general case... I am
James> thinking it might be good to point people to a link on the
James> wiki. Presently the "Report bug' link on the wiki points to

James>  http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=gnumed&func=additem

James> so perhaps in pace of that, I can add a wiki page with some
James> general guidance how they should proceed as per your suggestion.

That would be nice indeed.

James> Is it decided that bug reports should now be filed somewhere
James> other than at Savannah?

I'm for it 'cause LP's tracker offer both web & email interfaces and has
additional features which we already discussed here so I won't beat the
dead horse :-)

However, I'm not the boss to decide...just offering proposals.

Sincerely,
Gour
--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D