Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed & blueprints
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:50:48 +0200

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 02:28:16PM +0200, Gour wrote:

> Karsten> So it's OK to generate more work for me as long as it's less
> Karsten> work for you ?
>
> I must admit that I do not understand your reply or/and your sense of
> humour ;)

At least you didn't take offense but looked for humor.
That's good :-)

The "more work" means I would then have to go to LP to check
for bug reports. It entirely disrupts my workflow of
handling emails.

Also, the bug report email receiver is already configurable
by means of the config file and again editable in the
exception handling widget so all you need to do is convince
people to actually *use* LP.

> -                             receivers = [u'address@hidden']
> +                             receivers = [u'address@hidden']

See, this seemingly innocent change creates more work for me.

>  Report sent via GNUmed's handler for unexpected exceptions.
>
> + affects gnumed

That is the Project Name on LP ? I added this line to CVS.

> Karsten> How about setting up a procmail rule on your machine which
> Karsten> forwards anything from gnumed-devel starting with "bug:" to
> Karsten> Lonely Planet ?
>
> 1) that bug tracker depends on Internet connection from one user-only

Handling bug reports properly will *always* depend on a
person. It sounded like it was you who volunteered :-)

Much like documentation is currently mainly handled by Jim.