Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lenny 5.0

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Lenny 5.0
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:53:26 -0300

Ok I read all the long conversation ... sorry for the delay..

Let me try to unwind this knot I have made...

My assumption was: "I want to get GNUmed 0.3.10 FROM TARBALL to work in the new Lenny Stable out-of-the-box".

I did not do a apt-get, because I did not want the older 0.2 ... I wanted 0.3.10 :)

The TARBALL was supposed to be a "no instalation required" program (or at least that is what I think tarballs shoud be, maybe it´s my mistake, remember I´m just a 1year old Linux newbie :)

****
Karsten: the check-prerequisites.sh work, but it doesn´t check ALL the prerequisites at ONCE, I had to run it 5-6 times because it gives one python package at a time in the error codes.

And the net-install is in CVS ... remember I said I wanted it to work from TARBALL

****
Sebastian and Andreas: I did NOT install gnumed-client AT ALL, I wanted the TARBALL to work ... that´s all ... seems naive, but telling newbies to change the sources.list isn´t my idea of the way a program will get to be used.

Thanks everybody ... sorry for the mess, next time I hope I can be clearer :)

Rogerio