Re: [Gnumed-devel] choice of web frameworks

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] choice of web frameworks
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:11:45 +0200

Am Mittwoch 14 Juli 2010, 22:06:16 schrieb lkcl:

Hi Luke

> well, i think i have finally done it.  it's not perfect, but you can
> demonstrate conceptually that it's working.

This is a great achievement and I would like to thank you for that.

> i even managed to fix lynx in
> the past few minutes: i have had to modify the back-end server so that it
> supports HTTP keep-alives, even on error messages.  the standard
> SimpleHTTPServer.py does not do this.
>
> now that the example SimpleJSONRPCServer.py can support HTTP keep-alives on
> all incoming connections, it will now of course, when "talked to" by the
> proxyapp server, keep the thread (actually process - i used ForkingMixIn)
> permanently alive.

You have come up with so much code that I have trouble keeping up. I think I
am close to get it to run on my system but I am still missing the proxyapp.py
which does not come through in a git clone.

It would be great if you could make it available or send it to me/the list so
I have all the code to make it work.

> this approach will totally separate and isolate each gnuweb client from
> each other.  any psycopg2 logins in one back-end process will NOT be
> accessible to any other user.

This is excellent work.

Sebastian