Re: Tooltips in save panels

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Tooltips in save panels
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:25:34 +0100

On 20.02.2013 23:10, Ivan Vučica wrote:
On 20. 2. 2013., at 22:48, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

As I wrote the idea would be to reuse the same timer for both run loop modes.
This is definitely better than having two separate timers. The specific problem
I talk about was fixed in base a long time ago. I just used that as an example
that harmless changes in gui might lead to unexpected issues.
If we do any change in that area, it should be the one I proposed. The question
is, should we do so before the release?

If things could go so wrong, the tooltips not appearing in a limited
circumstance doesn't seem like such a big deal.

Then again, a small fix can probably be released if someone notices problems
after the release.

I give in, after using my patch to GSToolTip for a few days I found no issue with it. So I committed this change and also allowed progress indicator and the text cursor to work in modal windows. Please give this as much testing as possible.