gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS over USB

From: Ed W
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] PPS over USB
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 13:11:50 +0100

On 06/05/2012 23:41, Gary E. Miller wrote:
That too, if you want to get the cp210x driver to support ioctl(TIOCMWAIT)
then that would be a kernel patch.

According to a mail on your thumbgps list these are supported?

https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/thumbgps-devel/2012-March/000087.html

However, I just looked through the cp210x kernel module and I don't see *any* implementation of ioctl there at all? Is the claim wrong or is this handled effectively at some higher level such as the ldisc?

Note there is a vendor cp210x driver which does contain an implementation of TIOCMIWAIT. From eyeballing it, it looks straightforward in it's implementation (no idea why it's not in kernel?)

Ed W