gpsd-dev

Re: new challenges in scons cleaning, things basically ok

From: Bernd Zeimetz
Subject: Re: new challenges in scons cleaning, things basically ok
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 23:09:23 +0100

On 12/21/19 6:16 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I have been trying to test and getting odd failures that don't seem to
> quite reproduce.   I tracked that down to a new cache file, not removed
> by scons --clean, appearing:
>   .sconsign.4.dblite
> instead of the previous .sconsign.dblite.  I added a workaround to  my
> build script to remove this after invoking scons --clean.

SConstruct always had:

if cleaning:
    env.Default(build_all, audit, clean_misc)
    announce("You must manually remove {}".format(sconsign_file))
else:
    env.Default(build)

The changed name results in support for calling scons with various
Python versions - the pickle format changed too often unfortunately.
Removing .sconsign.*.dblite is probably the best option.