gpsd-dev

Re: ✘Templating

From: Hal Murray
Subject: Re: ✘Templating
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2020 23:04:10 -0800

>> I'd like to have a switch to force the installation of xgps/xgpsspeed,
>> even if the needed dependencies are not there.
> How about always install, with warnings?  I hate adding options if an
> agreeable default is possible.

I hate installing crap that I don't want, especially if it won't work.

I usually have things like building a package wrapped in a script so it
wouldn't be hard for me to remove the crap, especially if your warning
messages were sensible.  But that seems backwards.

I guess I'm trying to say that I think it's worth an option.  Plan B would have
the warning messages tell Bernd how to install what he wants.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.