Re: anyone running cfengine2 on debian sarge?

From: Wil Cooley
Subject: Re: anyone running cfengine2 on debian sarge?
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:22:13 -0700

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 21:49, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

> So, I would create /etc/cfengine and allow the admin to serve that from
> cfservd, and create /var/lib/cfengine/inputs and let cfagent write there
> freely, and you don't have to worry about mixing the two at all.

Ouch, serving stuff from /etc?  I would recommend instead following the
LSB and using /srv:

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#SRVDATAFORSERVICESPROVIDEDBYSYSTEM

I myself use /srv/hostconfig/cfengine, where /srv/hostconfig is where I
keep all config files managed w/cfengine and CVS.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley@nakedape.cc