Re: [External] : Re: finding stuff

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: finding stuff
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 15:59:35 -0500

> I don't use them myself, not because of a fear of being

I rarely use them as well, but I do find them handy every once in a while.

> labeled, and certainly not because I already know everything
> (I prove daily that I'm forever learning). I don't use menus
> because for me they get in the way by taking up screen space,

I use (menu-bar-mode -1) to solve this problem.
It's still available on `C-mouse-3` so nothing's lost.

> being distracting, and generally requiring reaching for the
> mouse. But my use case is not necessarily anyone else's.

Since I use them rarely, I usually don't mind using the mouse in those
rare cases.  But there's probably some way to make it pop up in response
to a keyboard event (and you can definitely navigate it with the mouse).

        Stefan