Re: Morally equivalent

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Morally equivalent
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 03:01:40 +0200

Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@gmail.com> writes:

> It's not rigorously true, because the outcome will be different if
> evaluating PLACE has side effects. But imo this is such an outlandish
> scenario (if it can even happen in the first place) that it doesn't need to
> be the primary focus of the docstring of push.

Good point.  It's just about an implementation detail.  In other
docstrings we just say "equivalent but produces slightly more efficient
code" or simply "equivalent".

Or has anyone ever used a place expression (whose getter) has side
effects?  Relying on that would probably uncover one hundred and five
bugs.

So - to lead this to some end - is there someone not agreeing that we
could just say "equivalent"?

Micheal.