Re: [Help-gnunet] Ubuntu Binary Package Signatures

From: awd-s
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Ubuntu Binary Package Signatures
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 03:13:05 +0000

Thank you for the direction. I have GNUnet sequestered on a dedicated box, so
trust isn't as big a problem as it might be otherwise.

I followed the directions on the PPA and got the packages added to the Third
Party software sources list with the signature keys.

Using Synaptic, I tried to install the latest version of GNUnet, but couldn't
get the gnunet-server installed because it depends on a version of
libmicrohttpd4 >=0.4.0. but 0.3.1-1 is to be installed. I downloaded the later
version of the deb package from the PPA and installed it, but gnunet-server
couldn't find it.

What corrective action should I take satisfy the dependency?

Milan said:-------------------
Sure, you need to add the public key from the Ubuntu GNUnet team. It's
available from [1], and if you save this file to your computer, you can
install it following the steps at [2].

Though, in theory you should not trust me that it's the right key, and
indeed you will be able to find [1] from the main page of the PPA (see
[3]), by clicking on the ID of the key - but that's really not easy.

1:
http://keyserver.ubuntu.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5D0443ABA52AD45F
2: http://blog.launchpad.net/ppa/adding-a-ppas-key-to-ubuntu
3: https://launchpad.net/~teamgnunet/+archive/ppa