Re: [Help-gnunet] Ubuntu Binary Package Signatures

From: Milan Bouchet-Valat
Subject: Re: [Help-gnunet] Ubuntu Binary Package Signatures
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 18:49:51 +0100

Le vendredi 11 décembre 2009 à 03:13 +0000, address@hidden a
écrit :
> Thank you for the direction. I have GNUnet sequestered on a dedicated box, so
> trust isn't as big a problem as it might be otherwise.
>
> I followed the directions on the PPA and got the packages added to the Third
> Party software sources list with the signature keys.
>
> Using Synaptic, I tried to install the latest version of GNUnet, but couldn't
> get the gnunet-server installed because it depends on a version of
> libmicrohttpd4 >=0.4.0. but 0.3.1-1 is to be installed. I downloaded the
> later version of the deb package from the PPA and installed it, but
> gnunet-server couldn't find it.
>
> What corrective action should I take satisfy the dependency?
Hmm, you description sounds strange to me. Once you have added the PPA,
'sudo apt-get upgrade' or update-manager should upgrade GNUnet to the
latest version. If it's not installed yet, then 'sudo apt-get install
gnunet gnunet-gtk' should do the trick.

What version of Ubuntu are you using? gnunet-server from the PPA does
not depend on libmicrohttpd4, but on libmicrohttpd5, which should
automatically be installed from the PPA when needed. The only
explanation that comes to my mind is that you're trying to install an
older version of GNUnet that comes with your release of Ubuntu. What's
the version(s) of gnunet-server available from Synaptic?

BTW, posting the actual terminal output of apt-get could help too.