libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] Respects Your Freedom hardware, has anyone bought some?

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] Respects Your Freedom hardware, has anyone bought some?
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 16:18:01 -0600

As I understand it, there is work ongoing to get the Raspberry Pi to
boot with free sw.

I have a ton of these devices, mostly problematic. I'm also
considering using an X200 and moving to a desktop for my daily driver
so I can have a free BIOS but the performance of a modern computer.

One thing I picked up over the holidays was a Motorola Lapdock. It's a
dummy screen, keyboard and USB hub. They're about $50-60 USD, but can
easily attach via HDMI and USB cables to devices like Raspberry Pi and
other single board computers, giving you an HD display, keyboard and
additional USB ports for things like external WiFi cards that work
with free distros.