Re: Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] starting mldonkey / allowed_ips / long queue

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] starting mldonkey / allowed_ips / long queues
Date: 28 Jan 2003 20:30:50 +0100

Martin <address@hidden> writes:

> > which should reappear with a recover_temp...
>
> I tried that but "vd" displayed "0" downloaded bytes for these files.
> The size increased while mldonkey was rehashing these files but not
> all files could be recovered. I just thought it might be a good idea
> to change the instructions on how to start mldonkey in the Readme.txt
> since other people have had that problem too...

When you start mldonkey with the new remembering of hashes the first
time all completed chunks will appear to be lost, only halfway
finished chunks will remain. Then, over time, when the hashing is done
and stored the completed chunks reappear.

I think with recover_temp its the same but partly finished chunks will
be lost.

Perhaps recover_temp should check for byte ranges containing != 0 and
assume them to be incomplete chunks.

MfG
        Goswin