Re: Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] starting mldonkey / allowed_ips / long queue

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] starting mldonkey / allowed_ips / long queues
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:16:38 +0100

>  > Anyway, with large queues, clients don't stay connected:
>  > * Emule clients with 2000 clients in their queue would not support it
>  > * If you have a limitation on the number of connections you can open,
>  >   you don't want to stay connected+queued in 100 sources, you really
>  >   want to test other sources, and come back 10 minutes later.
>
>  Is staying connected essential for the queuing to work?

No, what I mean is that staying connected is impossible.

>  Intelligent queues should tell you when you get queued, send an udp
>  packet whenever you advance in the queue and connect to you when you
>  get an upload slot.

Yes, connecting to you (if you are not firewalled) could solve the
problem of what to do when a slot is released. But it does not solve
the problem of newbees

>  If you know could you (or someone else) explain how the queuing is
>  done currently and what the relevant network packets are?

Only Emule has a queue mechanism, and I don't have more info than you.

>  We realy do need a document explaining the donkey network specs.

Yes, there are some on Savannah. But, now that we have a wiki, why not
adding such a developper-section ?

- MLDonkey