Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] starting mldonkey / allowed_ips / long queues

From: Martin
Subject: Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] starting mldonkey / allowed_ips / long queues
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:43:25 +0100

> which should reappear with a recover_temp...

I tried that but "vd" displayed "0" downloaded bytes for these files.
The size increased while mldonkey was rehashing these files but not
all files could be recovered. I just thought it might be a good idea
to change the instructions on how to start mldonkey in the Readme.txt
since other people have had that problem too...

> you can already do that with a little script which resolves your
> hostname and adds/updates your firewall to allow access to the
> mldonkey-port from this ip only.

I'm not running a firewall. Would be nice if you could do this
directly in mldonkey.

> Especially on rare files this is very bad because if your
> queue-position is >>1000 you got no chance in hell to get a byte from
> that client - either its you or him getting disconnected before!

Okay... good point! The Creditsystem of emule makes it really hard to
get rare files. Especially the fact that people can change the upload
priority of files they haven't finished downloading yet to "release".
This has the same result like removing all completed files from the
shared folders! This is something that ought to be removed!

> enough online to get into the few upload-slots. (somewhere i read the
> newest tarod-mod has only 3 upload slots....think about that::
> standing in a line with 5000 people - you are last and only the first
> 3 get something!)

I use emule 25b Tarod 16d on my Windows machine and it uses 5 upload
slots.