www-it-traduzioni

Re: Fuzzy POs

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: Re: Fuzzy POs
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 14:35:21 +0200

Hello again,

Le 14/10/2021 à 11:42, Dora Scilipoti a écrit :
> Hello again, Thérèse,
>
> we spotted mistakes in two strings. While you are at it, would it be
> possible for you to fix them as follows:
>
> * Come dice la canzone, “Il tempo non è denaro quando tutto ciò che hai
> èil tempo”.
>
> Should be:
> Come dice la canzone: «Il tempo non è denaro quando tutto ciò che hai è
> il tempo».

I'm afraid there are a lot more fused words. I spotted one too, and
after checking CVS history found out that it appeared during conversion
of HTML to PO.

> * Se si cambia una ricetta e la si prepara per gli amici ed a loro
> piace, questi potrebbero chiedere “Posso avere la ricetta?”.
>
> Should be:
> Se si cambia una ricetta e la si prepara per gli amici ed a loro piace,
> questi potrebbero chiedere: «Posso avere la ricetta?».

While at it, don't you normally capitalize the first word of complete
quoted sentences? In some cases, it is not. For example (from
copyright-and-globalization):

> Sapete, le società cinematografiche una volta producevano un sacco di
> film con scienziati pazzi e gente che diceva loro «dottore, ci sono
> alcune cose che l'Uomo non dovrebbe conoscere»

As a test, I tried to fix quotes and italicize English words in
copyright-and-globalization.it.po. The diff against the "clean PO" is
attached. It wouldn't apply to the current version, but there is enough
context that you can tell a speech quote from a quoted word.

(There is an error in the English version of
copyright-and-globalization: an opening quotation mark is missing at the
beginning of the second <p>; that's because the speech quote was started
earlier. I think the introduction by Thorburn should be only one <p>.)