www-pt-br-general

Re: [www-pt-br-general] Política de tradução: "Free Software Foundation"

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: Re: [www-pt-br-general] Política de tradução: "Free Software Foundation". (translation policy)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 16:58:26 -0200

Hello translation managers and coordinators!

In my team's mailing list we have a discussion thread[0] targeted at
the making of a policy regarding the translation of the name "Free
Software Foundation".  At some point, it was asked about the existence
of an established standard for the GNU translation teams in general,
by either the translation managers or the FSF itself.  Is there a
policy of reasonably acceptance about this or a recommendation (more
or less) consistently applied across languages, or are we free to
choose whatever term seems best for our language, provided the team
can agree upon?

Thanks in advance!

Ps: The Brazilian Portuguese team's mailing list is CC'ed.

Footnotes:

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/www-pt-br-general/2015-10/msg00052.html

--
 88888  FFFFF Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF]
 8   8  F     http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/

- GNU ccd2cue maintainer
- GNU Savannah hacker
- GNU webmaster
- GNU audio and video maintainer
- GNU ethical repository criteria maintainer
- GNU web translation team coordinator (Brazilian Portuguese)
- DMOZ free software editor (Portuguese)
- UFU FAMAT PET member
- SDF Public Access UNIX System ARPA member
- Riseup user and supporter

Please, support my work: http://oitofelix.freeshell.org/funding.html

[GNU DISCLAIMER] I'm a GNU hacker, but my views don't necessarily
match those of the GNU project.  Hereby I express my own opinion,
style and perception, in good faith, aiming the betterment of GNU.