Re: [Adonthell-general] Adonthell Rules Rough Draft

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Adonthell Rules Rough Draft
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:02:32 +0100

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:11:11 +0100 address@hidden wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I finally came up with an idea what the rules might look like. Send me
> your comments and ideas for improvements!

Okay, here you go.

> LEVEL:

Hm. Do you think that limiting the level one can reach is a good idea?
Of course, there would be some kind of limit, as you would need more and
more EP to get to the next level, but at least in theory you would be
able to reach level n.

Another thing are the EP themselves. While I favour such small amounts,
I'm not sure if they are not too small. The question is, how big will
the span between different enemies be? I could imagine that enemies
later in the game are worth 100 times the EP of those at the beginning.
Therefore, more levels (or more EP to reach LVL 10) might be needed.

> MAGIC ABILITIES:

Perhaps it would be better to distinguish between the 4 different
elements, instead of offensive/defensive/general. As the elements
(earth/air/water/fire) probably will play a major role in the magic
system, this seems only sensible.

All in all it looks pretty good though. It's a consistent system and
offers many ways to develop your character(s). Maybe you shouldn't even
distinguish between ability and skill points. After all, drinking or
haggling isn't that much different from some combat or magic skill
(except that latter might seem more important for any RPG). Here the
plot could help to make fighting and magic not that much more important
than other skills.

Well, that's the most important things I can think of at the moment.
Lets see what others think of it.