Re: [linuxiran] mini-howto [was:salam]

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] mini-howto [was:salam]
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:42:39 +0300

On Saturday 21 June 2003 21:29, Abbas Izad wrote:
> I have to admit that I made 'partially' mistake commenting "mini
> howto" in English! Sorry
> I check that once after sometimes and notice that Aryan explicitly
> mentioned at the beginning:
> " We provide here a mini-INFO (rough guide) for those interested in
> contributing translations to the FarsiKDE project."
> To be able to translate from English, one has to know English.
> Anyway, It is still a good idea to have this in Farsi in general.
> I will work on it!

Actually Arash wrote that part, not me !!

But Anyway, the thing is, that 'mini-howto' as I mentioned actually
talks about two different things, the first parts are about setting up
a Farsi environment, the second part is for for those interested in
contributing translations to the FarsiKDE project.

Clearly, these should be splited, and the first part at least should be
translated to Farsi. As you mentioned I also don't see the need to
translate the second part as possible translators should know English !

Cheers
--
/* You can always count on Americans to do the
right thing; - after they've tried everything else.