Re: [linuxiran] mini-howto [was:salam]

From: Arash Zeini
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] mini-howto [was:salam]
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 09:48:59 +0430

I am commenting here in general to the thread and not to this last posting:

Well, there is a small misunderstanding here: We have a mini-HOWTO and a
mini-INFO on the site.
The one that Aryan wrote is the mini-INFO and I have edited and reviewed it:

http://www.farsikde.org/guide.php

The one called mini-HOWTO is the one about enabling the leyboard layout.
DO NOT FLAME ME: I have noticed that there is inconsistency in the wording. I
will ractify this.

Now to the other points and let's make it short: I think it is good to have
these web site texts in Farsi, but we always need them in English as well.
Translators from other teams use these howtos too and therefor it is good to
have them in both languages.

Abbas, we have a history of around two years of asking people to give us a
helpign hand. Specially in the beginning I kept on asking people to help
translating the web site ...
We all appreciate your help, but I just think that there is a priority issue
here: The FarsiKDE review of the .po files is still missing. I personally
think that that one is more important. At the other hand I know that you are
a fast translator and so if you want to work on the translator-HOWTO, nobody
will complain :) We are happy to receive anything that enhances the project.

I am again involved in a little review for the release of KDE 3.1.3 and in two
months there will be a 3.1.4 too. We should not forget that there is still a
lot to do for KDE 3.2.

Let's begin the review work for KOffice since it is in a message freeze and
gain some time for the review of kdelibs and kdebase.

Greetings,
Arash

--
The FarsiKDE Project