Re: [linuxiran] Fwd: salam

From: Abbas Izad
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Fwd: salam
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:26:01 +0000

From: Aryan Ameri <address@hidden>
To: GNU/Linux in Iran <address@hidden>, address@hidden
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:20:06 +0300

On Saturday 21 June 2003 16:06, Abbas Izad wrote:
> Hi

Frist, I don't like cross posting, and I believe it should be avided as
much as possible. but since you cross posted your question, I had to do
the same.

sorry about that!

> FarsiKDE:
> Since I found FarsiKDE on the net I have really felt appreciation
> towards friends that make this possible and their efforts making KDE
> and Linux available to Farsi speaking people.

We have also enjoyed working with you.

> However, I have noted the most useful part of the site, "mini howto"
> is in English. I cannot figure this out why? whom this site has its
> target groups, Iranian outside of Iran? English speaking Iranians? I
> guess you have a pretty good reason but I just cannot see that!
>
> If you need a hand to translate it to Farsi why not announce this on
> the mailing list!

Abbas,

I wrote that howto in 4 hours while I was sitting in university library.
The reason that I started writing it was because I wanted to impress
the girl sitting next to me, with my typing speed ;-) So I started
writing something, and the next thing I know, I was wrting a KDE Howto.
After one hour I realized that it the article was turning into
something usefull, so I decided to work on it for a couple more hours
and finish it. Then I sent it to this mailing list, Arash Zeini saw it
and thought it was usefull, so he reviewed it and put it on the
website.

The reason that the article is in English, is that the girl sitting next
to me didn't know Farsi, and by writing in a strange and unfamiliar
language, I would have spoiled my chances of impressing her and asking
her out. This is a very good reason indeed ! and I don't know why you
couldn't see this perfect reason before !!!

Fully qualified reason ;-)

And BTW I did impress her, but the relationship didn't go far :-(

But seriously sorry, no offense intended, but I think that you still
don't get the meaning of free software, and how it works.

Maybe I don't BUT I know as much as every and each free software starts as a
project with a coordinator or project leader and also a goal set to work toward on. Ofcourse I am talking about large project and not single script/software donations!
Otherwise kaos will dominate and all the efforts leads nowhere!

I happen to wrote it in English. Arash also reviewed it, and it probably
never came to his mind to translate it to Farsi. But FarsiKDE is a free
software project. It doesn't have a leader, someone to order you what
to do. FreeSoftware is about people, doing what they think is the right
thing to do. If you don't like something, don't step aside and
complain. Join in, and help make it better.

I see some misconception regarding the meaning of "leader". In this matter
a project leader means a coordinator and NOT a dictator!!!
I don't agree with you on this. If you are right about this, name ONE linux (large) project
without project leader/coordinator.

Since when though somebody pointing out an issue he/she is complaining?
You can at least be honest to yourself and try to understand what I am saying here. WHO are most likely have ultimate use of that "mini howto"? English speaking Iranians or persian speaking with a little (or no) knowlege in English?

Why are you so defensive? I have not criticised your work AMOF It is pretty good. If you don't mind I will try to translate it and sending the result to you to check, what do you think?

/Abbas

Matrix got you!

Lättare att hitta drömresan med MSN Resor http://www.msn.se/resor/