Re: [linuxiran] : Translating GPL [was:redhat manuals translation]

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] : Translating GPL [was:redhat manuals translation]
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:38:37 +0300

On Monday 23 June 2003 20:08, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Monday 23 June 2003 21:27, Aryan Ameri wrote:

> > Let's say I am company in Iran, and I have developed a software and
> > want to release it under GPL, in Iran, and want it to be
> > enforceable. If I just say that this programm is licensed under
> > GPL, and then attach a copy of "English GPL" with my program, then
> > would that be sufficent for Iranian law?
>
> AFAIK this should be enough. But I am not 100% sure. But this was my
> understanding that it is OK if you use the English GPL.
>
> Does anybody know this for sure?

Ask a lawyer. I don't think we have one here.

Now that we are here, an other legal question. Does anyone know which
law describes the rules of the Iranian Copyright law? I don't think it
is mentioned in the constitution (I have read the constitution and IIRC
it wasn't there) so it should be described in one of those subcategory
laws.

Any hints or suggestions as to which Iranian law covers the copyright?

Cheers

--
/* "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a
conservative without changing a single idea."