Re: [linuxiran] mini-howto [was: salam]

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] mini-howto [was: salam]
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:18:05 +0300

On Saturday 21 June 2003 19:26, Abbas Izad wrote:

> I see some misconception regarding the meaning of "leader". In this
> matter a project leader means a coordinator and NOT a dictator!!!
> I don't agree with you on this. If you are right about this, name ONE
> linux (large) project
> without project leader/coordinator.

I didn't say that we don't need a leader, or that we shouldn't set a
goal. Indeed we do have a leader, and we certainly have a goal. But
coordinator as you mentioned doesn't mean dictator, in Open Source
projects, the community decides which way to go, and what goals to set.
Coordinator just coordinates resources to achive community set goal.

> WHO are most likely have ultimate use of that "mini howto"? English
> speaking Iranians or persian speaking with a little (or no) knowlege
> in English?
I agreed with this already, that it would have been far better to write
it in Farsi. It is just that when I wrote it, it never passed my mind
to write it in Farsi. now that you pointed it out, great! it is a
wonderfull idea. I said this in my last email.

> Since when though somebody pointing out an issue he/she is
> complaining? You can at least be honest to yourself and try to
> understand what I am saying here.
> Why are you so defensive? I have not criticised your work AMOF It is
> pretty good.

OK, maybe I was in a defensive mood, but maybe you also read my mail in
a harsh way. I didn't want to sound harsh, or to criticize, not at all.
If I sounded that way, I am really sorry.

Think of our disagreement as nothing, other than mis-reading of each
other's messages. These misunderestanding sometimes happen, when people
are communicating with each other only trough the medium of text. If I
have had the ability to send you my voice, you would have known that I
didn't mean to be defensive, nor did I wanted to sound harsh.

Sometimes two people can read the same text, and underestand it in
slighly different way. I guess this is what happened between me and
you. You had a very good suggesiton, and maybe my answer wasn't the
best possible one.

I appreciate you, devoting a part of your time to FarsiKDE project, and
being part of it. I have had pleasure working with you during the last
couple of months. As far as I see it, we aboloutly agree on all ground
with each other.

> If you don't mind I will try to translate it and sending the result
> to you to check, what do you think?

Sure. And as I mentioned earlier, your suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Just that there is a better way of doing things than sending it to each
other. We have a registered project on Savannah called bna-linuxiran.
we should use some facilities that Savannah offers us, in order to work
more efficently.

Arash Zeini, I think we should give Abbas, write access to bna-linuxiran
CVS repository, so that he can checkout the latest version of the
document and we can all work on it in the best possible way. What to
you think?

And about the document how-to itself, I think it should be split in to
two seperate howtos. One covering (for end users) how to setup Farsi
Keyboard and start typing Farsi in KDE, and also how to set up the
Farsi user interface. The second one, should cover (for potential farsi
KDE translators) how to setup KBabel and how to work with CVS and how
to start the translation job. IMHO these are two different things, and
therefore we should split the how-to and have seperate documents for
each one.

Everyone agree?

--
/* You can always count on Americans to do the
right thing; - after they've tried everything else.