bontz-team

[Bontz-team] graphic files

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: [Bontz-team] graphic files
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:26:41 -0700 (PDT)

So far with the sprites etc I've had one image per
file.  Should we do that with tiles, objects, and
other elements as well?  I'm (re-)doing some text
window elements now, and I wonder whether there ought
to be one file that contains all
letters/numbers/window corners/etc or a ton of smaller
files?

Also with the little path tileset I started on, I
named files in a way that sort of makes sense to me
but not be as nice to handle programming-wise...  File
managers these days preview stuff so if you think
outdoor_0001.png etc is better that could work too.
Alternately a config file could map an "english"
filename (outdoor/grass.png) to an internal tile0028
handler or something...

Doesn't affect me much right now, it's trivial to
rename/chop up/splice together files I have made up to
this point, but we should figure out how we want to
handle this before I start churning out masses of stuff.