bontz-team

[Bontz-team] static linking

From: Owen Swerkstrom
Subject: [Bontz-team] static linking
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:17:25 -0700 (PDT)

Good question...  No, I don't know how to do a static
link to sdl_image or _mixer.  The documentation at
http://jcatki.no-ip.org/SDL_image/ doesn't discuss
static linking, and a quick google search didn't turn
up anything fruitful for me either.  Not that we'll
have to worry about distributing static binaries for
some time, until we actually get something worth
showing off to unwashed masses.  But I'll keep my eyes
open for any such information.  Compared to the
images, music, video etc that we'll have all packed
into bontz tarballs as game demos, alphas, betas etc
eventually get done, sdl_image and _mixer are pretty
small, so if we're worried about people having to get
them separately we could put copies right in with our
tarball, hell we could include SDL itself, and during
our "./configure && make" process we could have it
check and build anything that's missing.
...not that that has anything to do with your
question.  Hah.  that's the trouble with these lists,
you can't interactively smack me and tell me to shut
up when i ramble.