Re: [DotGNU]A good warning?

From: Dave Sherohman
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A good warning?
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:30:14 -0500

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 01:21:28PM -0500, Matthew Copeland wrote:
> Special note
>
> If you have looked at Microsoft's implementation of .NET or their shared
> source code, you will not be able to contribute to Mono.
>
> Please, follow care when reading code
>
> You know, I saw this on the ximian website for contributing to mono, and
> it could be very worthwhile to us to add something similar to our website,
> so that we don't get into any nasty situations with lawsuits from
> Microsoft.  We all konw how Microsoft tactics work when it comes to
> competitors.

You may want to modify the wording.  As it stands, it appears to indicate
that developers who have used the .NET API (or perhaps even merely seen
.NET itself) would be barred from participation.  While I can certainly
accept that level of paranoia, I suspect that it may only be necessary
to exclude those who have seen the current implementation's source code.