Re: [DotGNU]Basic software that is going to be needed

From: tali streit
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Basic software that is going to be needed
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 13:33:07 +1000

John wrote:

When we have an alpha development version of at least the auth/data
system done, we should invite the masters of targetted projects to
participate.

this is the core of the DotGLUE idea, to provide guides on how to add DotGNU services to existing projects.

examples:
take PHP, which is in wide spread use. give guidance to/cooperate with the PHP project to provide authentication and RLS based service calls. take MySQL and provide them with the guidance/cooperation to implement an RLS based service.

the idea is that we start out with small islands of DotGNU enabled systems. we grow those islands, linking smaller ones into larger islands...