Re: [Duplicity-talk] archive-dir option meaning

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] archive-dir option meaning
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 12:45:43 -0500

Bonvicini, Alessandro wrote:
> But the man page state that "The local archive directory is a
> performance optimization only, and may safely be discarded at any time."

Under 0.6.0, the archive-dir is used by default to keep persistence, so
yes, it is needed.  I thought I had changed the man file...whoops.

> So , I don't want redo a full archive , what can I do?

Revert to 0.5.18 at http://duplicity.nongnu.org/ and all will work as it
used to, less checkpoint/restart.  This is the easiest solution.

or, restore the archive-dir to the command line and if you have not
deleted the actual dir, it should start with an incremental.

or, if you have deleted the archive-dir, do:
  1) create ~/.duplicity/backup-name and cd to it
  2) copy *sigtar* *manifest* files from remote to local
  3) use gpg to decrypt the files just downloaded

Sorry for all the confusion.