Re: A modern-mode?

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: A modern-mode?
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 20:48:26 +0000

If (as suggested) the modern-mode becomes a modern-theme this is effectively like a new set of defaults that can be easily toggled, and if the user wants later on refined and re-configured.

I see what you mean, but I do not see how this would help newcomers. It would be one set of defaults, and many will come with another set of defaults that they would also like to call "modern-mode" (or "postmodern-mode" or "futuristic-mode" or "postfuturistic-mode" or ...). This would result in the long term in a large set of "profiles", each with a number of unrelated defaults modified, in which a new user would be lost.