Re: A modern-mode?

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: A modern-mode?
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 00:07:21 +0000

Gregory Heytings <ghe@sdf.org> writes:

> I see what you mean, but I do not see how this would help newcomers.

I think one easily accessible ready to go set of more modern/friendly
defaults can help new users getting started.

I'm convinced new comers should ideally do *nothing* to have a more
friendly system to begin with, if this is not possible hopefully
something easy as typing '-m' is the closest.

If you think a guided tour to go through is more effective, well you are
very much entitled to.  I don't think this is sufficiently immediate for
many cases but I think can be useful for others.

  Andrea