Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 12:30:04 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> For more details, please read at
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Sending-Patches.html
>
> This refers to other places, so if the reader needs to read them, the
> gain is largely an illusory one: you must read those referenced places
> as well.

You don’t have to read those places. I took care to ensure that all the
essential parts for contributing a patch are in my shorter version.

The reference to other places is there for people who think they have
special requirements or want to understand *why* the rules are as they
are.

Maybe the text should make that clear, so this should not be "for more
details", but "for explanations of these rules, please read
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Sending-Patches.html";

Best wishes,
Arne
--