Re: contributing to Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: contributing to Emacs
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 14:30:01 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Cc: ams@gnu.org, hi-angel@yandex.ru, eliz@gnu.org, arne_bab@web.de,
>       emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 22:55:27 -0400
>
> Has someone proposed a policy that we don't install a big change
> if only one person can understand it?

I don't think it's useful to bring up such general questions here.

What I did ask was whether in this particular case we'd want to
install the Android changes, and describe some of the downsides I saw
to doing that.  Having just one individual who fully understands the
platform and the code was one of the downsides, but not the only one.