Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)

From: E Dodd
Subject: Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:24:54 +1100

On Sunday 06 March 2005 23:30, catmat wrote:

> >So here is what I can add to the discussion.
> >Karsten is the backend guy. Forget about him for a second.
> >Now who is going to connect the GUI to the middleware ?
>
> having once tried to work on connecting Richard's gui, it is not
> all that easy to do.  More than a year ago , it seemed that
> there were concepts Richard had, which didn't fit in with Karsten's
> schema, but later Karsten made concessions to allow for some of
> Richard's ideas, but no one progressed to connect the gui
> with the middleware.  When someone tries to look at Richard's widgets
> and then connect them,  they can't do it exactly how Richard conceives
> it , because the static picture doesn't document the workflow intended
> to enough detail that Richard can say,  yes you've followed each
> point of the workflow correctly .

Ok, now we're getting something here
maybe I can assist with some of the writing out of the concepts - of what
thing is intended to do what, pass them to Richard and then stick them on
wiki
(in what spare time, well none of us have spare time)
Liz

--
Fame lost its appeal for me when I went into a public restroom and an
autograph seeker handed me a pen and paper under the stall door.